As a registered Girl Scout individual or Girl Scout Troop you can earn the Camp Adventure Patch by visiting each of GSCI's five camps. You can buy the patch for that camp or wait and buy all five at once. All the patches are available at each of our service center showcases.
As you prepare to visit the camp of your choice make sure you look thru the requirements for that camp before heading out. Some requirements may need items to be brought from home to be fulfilled.
You can also add in the requirements for each grade level to help you earn the "It's Your Planet Love It" journey as you visit each camp. You can buy the journey badges as you finish the journey from your closest service center showcase.
Sycamore Valley Camp, 8439 SR 26 E. Lafayette, IN 47905
1. Visit Mary's Ring. Have a ceremony there to remember all those who have helped you and your troop.
2. Hike to the Mary Rutter Memorial. Take a lunch or snack to sit and look out over the hillside. Mary's husband Donald dedicated the memorial with these words;
"This quiet place we dedicate,
Her love for us we consecrate,
Her smile will creep into our mind,
She'll find peace if it's there to find,
Our Mary Aubrey Keeney Rutter."
3. Try your footing on the rope bridge. Your troop can time each other; see who is the fastest to cross. Try different ways of walking across.
4. Go to the Woodland Theater, and have a campfire, put on skits on the stage. Sing songs around the campfire.
5. Ask the ranger to show you his animals in his barn.
6. Hike to Wild Cat Creek and explore the creek bed. Go creek stomping, if the water is not too high.